The state of Silicon Valley:
– Web 2.0 as we know it is over – the first years we saw Flickr, where we learned how to use the web smarter and better. But our expectations changed, all good services should have the high level of product. There were a lot of startups, and suddenly you had too many services all around. web 2.0 is being used in non web2.0 companies. The concepts are now mainstream.
– Get things done kind of applications (such as 37signals)
– There is an explosion of information, and content creation
– We need someone to clean the noise
– Summize for the web – is a killer concept
– Mobile application has an important role in this area as well
– Cloud computing reduces the need to pay a lot of money for infrastructure